Holyrood Connect is delighted to announce the return of the portfolio’s newest annual event, our Public Sector Data Summit, to be held on Tuesday, 14 March 2023 at COSLA, Edinburgh. After a wildly popular inaugural event, the 2nd annual Public Sector Data Summit will continue to establish itself as one of the premier events for Scottish public sector data professionals.
This year’s event will focus on providing real-life examples of data use within the public sector for delegates to learn from. These stories of challenge, persistence, and collaboration will hopefully inspire delegates as well as offer them a sense of community that leads to greater understanding and growth. The event will provide delegates with the opportunity to hear the latest developments around data sharing, maturity, strategy, and analysis, as well as to network with leading figures, peers, and industry representatives. Throughout the day, audience members will be able to include their own voices in the discussion through Question & Answer portions. Sessions of a variety of formats, including panel discussions, case studies, and plenary presentations, will delve into elements such as:
- Reflections on data’s role within the Scottish Government’s Digital Strategy as well as the overall state of data within the Scottish public sector.
- The complexity regarding the sharing and security of health and care data.
- The needle being threaded around the ethics of data use with regards to privacy, ownership, and intention.
- Examples of fellow public sector organisations’ data use challenges and the process of overcoming them.
- Further details regarding resources such as the Data Transformation Framework and the Data Intelligence Network.
This event is free-to-attend for those working in the public or third sectors. Register now to secure your place. If you work in the private sector, please email us to be added to our waiting list.
Holyrood Connect publishes leading Public Sector ICT news in Scotland and hosts renowned Public Sector Tech events & conferences. You can view all of Holyrood Connect’s upcoming events here.