Holyrood Communications Limited, a subsidiary of Dods Group plc, (“Holyrood”) is responsible as data controller for the processing of personal data you provide when you register for the event described in the registration form (“the Event”).
By registering for the Event, you are providing Holyrood with your personal data and contact information as requested in the online booking form.
Holyrood may store and process your personal data in order to fulfil our contractual obligations to you through:
- Registering and facilitating your attendance at the Event
- Manage delegate, customer and sponsor contacts, queries, complaints, or disputes
- Analysing attendance at the Event
- Providing you with updates relating to the Event
Holyrood may also exercise its legitimate interests:
- To provide you with updates relating to the Event.
- To inform you about similar events Holyrood or Dods intend to hold in the future
- To market certain goods or services which Holyrood believe will be of relevance or interest to you
- To photograph and/or film the event for advertising, business and promotional purposes.
- To publish/communicate a list of attendees at or before the event.
- If you register to attend an event we organise, we may provide the contact information you provide to sponsors of the event which may contact you from time to time for marketing purposes. A list of event sponsors will be available on each event website.
Where you have provided your specific consent to each, Holyrood may:
- Use any special categories of data revealing health for the purposes of facilitating your attendance
- Share your data with third party advertising partners, where you have opted in
In addition, Holyrood may use your personal data to handle any legal claims or regulatory proceedings and ensure regulatory compliance.
You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data where it is based in legitimate interests, and to withdraw your consent. Please see the unsubscribe link provided in our email marketing, or contact us at the address below to object to any of our processing or to withdraw your consent.
You may voluntarily provide your badge directly to event sponsors or other third parties at the event, which will provide them with your registration details (including your contact information). This privacy notice does not cover how your data will be used by those sponsors or third parties, and you should consult the privacy notices of those organisations.
We may also provide your personal data to third party sub-processors, such as the event venue, our online bookings service provider (Eventsforce), our registration provider (LiveBuzz), our online event platform providers (Workcast, Glisser, Grip), or our catering service providers, to the extent necessary to facilitate your attendance at the event and to fulfil our contractual obligations to you. We only allow our service providers to handle your personal data if we are satisfied they take appropriate measures to protect your personal data. We also impose contractual obligations on service providers to ensure they can only use your personal data to provide services to us and to you.
As your personal data will be stored on our IT infrastructure it will also be shared with our data processors who provide email, document management, and storage services (including cloud hosting).
If you have any questions, comments, or requests regarding this Privacy Notice or our practices relating to use of your personal information, please contact Holyrood at email@example.com. We are committed to safeguarding and respecting your personal information and privacy. We are registered with the Information Commissioner with registration number Z8858854.
Data Retention and Deletion
We keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for our legitimate business and legal purposes.
Where we retain your information for events and contract fulfilment, we will retain for the period required by applicable law for legal, tax, and accounting purposes. This will be a minimum of six years.
Where we store your information for marketing purposes, we retain it for three years from last engagement.
If you consider that your personal data has been misused or mishandled, you may make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, who is an independent regulator. The Information Commissioner can be contacted at:
Information Commissioner’s Office
0303 123 1113