As part of the HFS senior management team, Jennifer is responsible for her team’s output across member / external comms and event delivery to engage a wide range of audiences (including politicians) in support of all aspects of corporate strategy. Ensuring that stakeholders are well-informed, this includes:
- offering strategic communications advice to the Board and Executive team
- raising awareness of the industry’s position on a range of matters and the challenges impacting its ability to deliver much needed new homes
- promoting the benefits of new homes
- stimulating debate through an ongoing agenda of informing and influencing
- supporting and growing membership
Leading parliamentary engagement, Jennifer is the primary MSP contact for HFS, building relationships across parties and assuring industry views are positively communicated, both at an individual briefing level and through platforms such as the Cross-Party Group on Housing. Jennifer is a member of the Chartered Institute of Public Relations. She also represents HFS on the Scottish Housing Day steering group and sits on the committee of the Association for Scottish Public Affairs.