Do you want to find out how to best engage with local government? Do you feel like you need to consolidate your knowledge of how councils work, and the role that different individuals play?
30 years on from the 1994 Local Government (Scotland) Act, and almost one year on from the signing of the Verity House Agreement, Holyrood’s annual Scottish Local Government Explained will return in partnership with COSLA to help address these questions and more.
Held as part of our Scottish Politics Explained series, this event will give you practical insights into how local government works, how you can productively engage with colleagues and what challenges are facing local government in 2024.
By attending this event, you will gain:
- An insight into how councils operate and the key players within them
- An understanding of what local authorities are responsible for and how they engage with the Scottish Government
- Practical strategies for influencing and engaging with local government
Scottish Local Government Explained is particularly relevant to those working in:
- Policy and/or public affairs
- Public relations and/or communications