Holyrood’s flagship Scottish Politics Explained event is returning, in-person to central Edinburgh, on 25 October 2023. The event will provide delegates with a thorough understanding of how the Scottish Parliament and Scottish Government operate – covering everything from the role of an MSP and the parliamentary mechanisms at their disposal, to the powers of government.
By attending this event, delegates will learn:
- About the structure and everyday workings of the Parliament;
- How the Scottish Government runs and is held to account; and
- How to influence and engage with policymakers and the media.
Scottish Politics Explained is particularly relevant to those working in:
- Policy and/or public affairs;
- Public relations and/or communications; and
As we begin a new parliamentary term, and with a new First Minister and Cabinet in place, now is the ideal time to learn about the processes, people and structures that matter. Join us in October to learn from experts about the Scottish political system and network with colleagues who are also seeking to engage with parliamentarians and influence policy.
All attendees will receive a copy of Holyrood’s Comms Guide and Political Guide, and have the chance to win a year’s subscription to the Holyrood Magazine.